We don’t know much about it, other than that above is the artwork on Kode9’s myspace, and that it’ll be released in June, presumably following the Juan Maclean edition of the series that was recently announced. Well, there might be one in between. We can’t give too much away at present.
Past DJ-Kicks compilers include Trevor Jackson, Coldcut, Erland Oye and Carl Craig. Kode’s Hyperdub signing Burial was apparently scheduled to deliver a DJ-Kicks not long after the release of Untrue; we gave up hope of that actually happening, oh, about a year ago.
Update: A DJ-Kicks CD from James Holden has also now been announced. This will be released prior to the Kode9 selection, on May 24 to be precise, and after the Juan Maclean DJ-Kicks, which is due out in April. The tracklist is below.
James Holden DJ-Kicks tracklist:
01. Piano Magic – Wintersport / Cross-Country
02. Grackle – Disco (Musiccargo Remix)
03. Mordant Music – Olde Wobbly
04. Maserati – No More Sages
05. Caribou – Lemon Yoghourt
06. Luke Abbott – Soft Attacks
07. Mogwai – The Sun Smells Too Loud (Holden Remix)
08. Kieran Hebden / Steve Reid – Departure
09. Ursula Bogner – Punkte
10. Eric Copeland – Auto Dimmer
11. Mit – Rauch (Luke Abbott Remix)
12. ARP – Potentialities
13. Lucky Dragons – Open Melody
14. Holden – Triangle Folds (DJ-KiCKS)
15. James Ruskin – Definition Of
16. Legowelt – Flight Of The Jupiter
17. Walls – Gaberdine
18. Lukas Nystrand – Never Fail (Vocal)
19. Didier Pacquette – Arwen, Namarie
20. SS Pyramid Snake – Catacomb City