On October 10, The Golden Filter release SYNDROMES: a short film and acompanying soundtrack.
The 10-minute film is directed by Grammy-winning Norwegian Kristoffer Borgli and follows “a young girl with mysterious talents that finds herself unwillingly entwined in an elite underworld that only the ailing wealthy are ever aware of”. The music was written first, and Borgli’s film created in response to it.
It will be made available as a CD/DVD courtesy of the band’s own Perfectly Isolated label, while the soundtrack will also be released digitally and in a special limited vinyl and art edition (pictured above) of 300 copies, crafted by The Vinyl Factory and including an exclusive poster hand-signed by the band. The vinyl edition is housed in a gatefold sleeve, with artwork by Lorene Taurerewa, and a DVD of the film also included. Full details below. It’s available to pre-order now.
SYNDROMES features six original new songs, and is the band’s first official release since their 2010 debut album Voluspa. You can watch the trailer for the film, soundtracked by the song ‘Mother’, here.
SYNDROMES vinyl edition details:
* Limited to 300 copies worldwide, each hand-signed and numbered by The Golden Filter
* Gatefold Sleeve featuring full lyrics and intimate watercolour artworks based upon a series of original paintings by Lorene Taurerewa
* Heavyweight 180-gram white vinyl containing soundtrack consisting of 6 new songs (and only released in this edition)
* DVD containing the 10-minute short film
* Exclusive film poster, A2-size, signed by the band
Vinyl edition tracklist:
B1. Kill Me
B3. For Your Broken Life