This morning’s FACT mix comes from Huxley, perhaps the most promising young house producer around right now.
Hailing from Tring, often referred to as one third of the holy trinity of house music cities with Detroit and Chicago (ahem), Huxley has been blowing our mind for a couple of years now, releasing gorgeous deep house records on labels like Cecille and Tsuba – often in tandem with regular collaborator Ethyl – and indulging his love of heavier, 2-step garage on singles like ‘Shower Scene’, a phenomenal release from last year that ranked high on our 50 best tracks of 2011 countdown.
He’s already made one of 2012’s most distinctive house tracks in ‘Let It Go’, released on Hypercolour; the perfect time, we thought, to recruit him for FACT’s mix series. And obviously Huxley doesn’t disappoint, taking full advantage of Ice Cream Records’ recent digital reissue series to drop two classic R.I.P. Productions tracks in with MK’s fantastic remix of Storm Queen, Disclosure’s equally distinctive take on Jessie Ware, and killers from Kink, Wookie, Steve Gurley and more. Simply a great mix, from a great new talent.
01. Jessie Ware – Running (Disclosure Mix) – PMR
02. N/A.3 – 01 – N/A.3
03. R.I.P Productions – I’ve Been Misled – Ice Cream Records
04. R.I.P Productions – Burning Up – Ice Cream Records
05. Mic Newman – Knickerbocker – Tsuba
06. L-Vis 1990 – Tonight (Kink Vocal Mix) –
07. Achterbahn d’Amour – The middle of – Frank Music
08. Enzo Siragusa – As We Are (Seb Zito Mix) – Fuse
09. Disclosure – Tenderly – Move Music
10. Storm Queen – Look Right Through (MK Dub Mix) – Defected
11. Scuba – Flash Addict – Hotflush
12. Wookie – Storm – Manchu
13. Lenny Fontana – Spirit Of The Sun (Steve Gurley Mix) – Public Demand