Web radio collective dublab readies a multimedia compilation dedicated to their base of operations, Los Angeles.
Light From Los Angeles combines original songs and accompanying films, shot exclusively on Digital Harinezumi cameras. These pocket-sized cameras perfectly capture the imperfect subject of the compilation’s title, as seen in the hazy video for Julia Holter and Nite Jewel’s bubbly ‘What We See.’
Out on October 23, Light From Los Angeles features exclusive songs and videos from dublab associates Teebs, Dntel, Sun Araw, Ras G, Suzanne Kraft, and more, with a focus on the dreamy bedroom disco scene that has emerged in the city.
In the spirit of dublab, and to further the creative discussion in LA, the The Light from Los Angeles songs and films are available to the public under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial copyright license, allowing for open, not-for-profit distribution and remixing of the material. The project’s full trailer is below, along with the compilation’s track list.
Light From Los Angeles:
1. Carlos Nino & Miguel Atwood-Freguson – Mezame
2.Yuk. & Teebs – Estara
3. Suzanne Kraft & Brogan Bentley – Coasts
4. Farmer Dave Scher – Beautiful Venice Day
1. ESP – 627
2. Dntel – Breakwater
3. Nite Jewel & Julia Holter – What We See
1. Ras G – Bus Ride
2. Butchy Fuego – Giant Slice
3. Onkyovision – Eye Light
4. Sun Araw – Evening Meditations
1. Languis – In Search of Summer
2. Lucky Dragons – KCRW Supporters
3. Sweatson Klank – All This Time
4. The Long Lost – Your Own Backyard