FACT is on the hunt for someone to join our team as social media manager, based in London or New York.
In the last four years, FACT has grown from a website run by a small team in the UK to an international operation with full-time staff in London, New York and Los Angeles, and a fast-growing global readership of passionate music obsessives. We’re now looking for someone to help take FACT to the next level – a social media don with the experience, expertise and creative spark to keep us ahead of the curve and turn our social channels into exciting platforms/communities of their own.
The right person for the job will have a dynamic plan to develop the FACT social channels into more than shop windows for the content on our website. You should be data-driven, have an exhaustive knowledge of the latest tools and platforms we should be all over, and a huge interest in the music FACT covers. If you have three years-plus experience in a relevant social media role, a good grasp of our tone and humour and are on the pulse when it comes to developments in the world of social – from new tools or platform we should be using to Facebook algorithm changes we should know about – we want to hear from you.
To apply, read the role requirements below then click here to fill out a short form. Salary is competitive and based on experience. Good luck!
- Live in London or New York – or be able to move there
- A thirst and passion for music and the culture surrounding it
- Strong interest and knowledge of the fast-moving world of social media
- 3+ years of relevant experience in social media role
- Good links to and relationships with key social platforms
- Strong eye for compelling, shareable content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An appreciation for all types of content: long and short form, video, images, gifs and more
- Calm under pressure
- Live and breathe social media, using it to source stories and grow a following
- Not afraid to get involved in all aspects of the publication, online and offline
- Ambition and drive to be the best
- Though we have an office in Soho, you should be very comfortable working remotely and working with a remote team of authors, editors and staff
You will be responsible for:
- Overall direction of our social strategy – as mentioned, you will play a pivotal role in developing our entire approach to the various different social platforms FACT exists on, from Facebook to Snapchat to emerging platforms
- Staying abreast of the best tools we should be using to gauge what we’re doing on social
- Report on weekly and monthly platform growth and feedback to the team
- Create and maintain relationships with representatives of key social platforms
- Overseeing how other members of the FACT staff use our social channels
- Working closely with the editor-in-chief to develop exciting new social “event” ideas, from Twitter video Q&As to Facebook live stream events
- Staying up-to-date – you will need to be constantly looking to learn, and keep abreast of both music and the world of digital publishing and social media
- Fostering a community of readers on our social channels
- Assist with sourcing news stories for the editorial team
- Be willing to work at evenings and weekends during key times with occasional time off in lieu
- Organise FACT social into a more 24/7 operation